A-Voq was the last Sentinel of the Torvus Temple on Aether. Samus encounters the message left by A-Voq via Luminoth Holoprojector in the Torvus Energy Controller chamber of Torvus Bog. In the message, A-Voq explains that most of the temple has been "crippled by the ravages of war" and flooded, and that it is within these flooded areas that Samus will find the Dark Temple Keys. What is more, the waters of Dark Aether are venomous and should be avoided if at all possible. The hologram is also programmed to update Samus's Translator Module to decode Emerald holograms. Ever of serious demeanor, A-Voq ends the message with one last warning and bids Samus farewell with a warrior's expression of goodwill.
In subsequent messages, A-Voq makes reference, directly or indirectly, to the Dark Temple Keys of Torvus, the Seeker Missile, the Gravity Boost, and the Dark Visor. A-Voq's hologram is last seen appearing spontaneously to bow in thanks to Samus after she returns the Light of Aether to the Torvus Energy Controller.
A corpse presumed to be A-Voq's is discovered in the Torvus Energy Controller by Samus. Information collected from it indicates that A-Voq died some 1.2 decacycles prior to her arrival and that the Luminoth was able to resist numerous possession attempts by enemy Ing, which would require incredible stamina and psychic durability.
- "A great warrior comes to the Temple of Torvus. May you succeed where I failed. I am A-Voq, the last Sentinel of the temple." —A-Voq's Hologram (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Heed my words carefully. As you can see, this temple has been crippled by the ravages of war. While the main chamber has been mostly preserved, the remainder of the temple has been flooded. You must use your abilities to venture into these flooded areas and find the keys you need to enter the Dark Temple." —A-Voq's Hologram (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "The waters of Dark Aether are foul and venomous. Avoid them if you can." —A-Voq's Hologram (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "I have updated your Translator Module. You can access devices and doors coded with Emerald holograms. Search the areas now opened to you." —A-Voq's Hologram (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "The Ing will seek your light with great zeal. Do not underestimate them! The time for talk is over. Good hunting, and may the Light of Aether guide your aim." —A-Voq's Hologram (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Find the keys to the temple of Dark Torvus. Find them and conquer that miserable place! Let there be an end to this struggle." —A-Voq (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "The missile launcher of our last champion was a potent weapon. It had the ability to hit multiple targets at once. Claim this weapon from its sacred vault." —A-Voq (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Our champion used a device that made moving through liquid like moving through air. The Ing have taken it. If you wish to explore Torvus freely, you will take it from them!" —A-Voq (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Our champion wore a visor that pierced the veil of Dark Aether’s eternal night. Take it back from the Ing. Let no darkness slow your mighty hand." —A-Voq (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Bioscan complete. Subject Luminoth has been dead for 1.2 decacycles. In addition to heavy combat damage, subject shows signs of numerous Ing possession attempts - all failed. Resisting these assaults would require incredible stamina and psychic durability." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)