The Power Suit is a powered battle armor technology invented by the Chozo. Samus apparently wears a modification to the usual Power Suit technology on her many adventures. This basic suit is equipped with an Arm Cannon and Morph Ball technologies, but the modular nature of the suit allows it to be augmented with additional weaponry, visors, and defensive and maneuvering capabilities. The Chozo scientist Dryn was largely responsible for the development of the Power Suit. The Chozo technology at work in the suit make it highly versatile; the Power Suit may upload data, accept weapons and modifications, and adapt to the changes immediately.
Because of its modular design, the Power Suit can accept almost any upgrade, regardless of its background. The Power Suit is apparently organic, and can be absorbed into Samus's body at any time, as best shown in the Metroid Manga, Metroid: Other M, and other Prime cutscenes.
Super Smash Bros.
Power Suit (Final Smash)
Power Suit is an attack in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Power Suit is Zero Suit Samus's Final Smash; her most powerful attack requiring the evasive Smash ball. Once used, Zero Suit Samus does many somersaults in the air and begins to glow. If an opponent is near her, they will take constant damage and will be drawn into the center. Once Samus regains her Power Suit, she lets loose a small burst of energy that will send enemies flying if they are nearby. The downside to this attack is that it leaves Samus vulnerable immediately after its use. Additionally, it takes time to return to the Zero Suit state, using a Smash Ball or through .
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- Power Suit Samus:
- Zero Suit Samus's Final Smash. Samus loses her Power Suit when she fires the Zero Laser, but she can restore it — that is, she can return from her Zero Suit form to her familiar armored form. That being said, Zero Suit Samus is very quick with great reach, so there are tactical reasons to fight as is. If that's your preference, don't pick up any Smash Balls.
- Samus (Power Suit):
- Samus in the basic version of the legendary Power Suit, made for her by the Chozo race. Samus is most often seen at the beginning of each game in this suit. The normal Power Suit has the lowest level of protective power and features no additional functions. She can use the cannon on her right arm for power shots and build up her arsenal through item pickups.
Power Suit Trophy in Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Samus's suit is often referred to as the Power Suit instead of the Varia Suit.
- "The Power Suit is an advanced Chozo exoskeleton modified for use by Samus Aran." —Inventory (Metroid Prime)
- "Samus's Notes:
The Power Suit provides life-support functions and is well shielded from attack. The modular nature of the Power Suit allows for the addition os weapons, Visors, and other gear as needed. The Power Suit's shielding loses energy with each hit: collect energy when possible to keep the shielding charged." —Samus's Notes (Metroid Prime)
- "GF Database accessed. File ST-428. Chozo bust represents Dryn, a key scientist in Power Suit technology." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption)
|Suits of Metroid|
|Power Suit · Varia Suit · Gravity Suit · Fusion Suit · Phazon Suit · Zero Suit · Dark Suit · Light Suit · Phazon Enhancement Device Suit · Hazard Shield|