The Wii is the successor to the Nintendo GameCube and Nintendo's most recently distributed home console. It was released on November 19, 2006 in America, December 2, 2006 in Japan, December 7, 2006 in Australia, December 8, 2006 in Europe, and April 26, 2008 in South Korea. It has not yet been discontinued in any region. Unlike other systems, it uses motion control to operate. It is backward-compatible with the Nintendo GameCube.
List of Metroid games on the Wii
- Metroid (Virtual Console)
- New Play Control! Metroid Prime (Japan only)
- New Play Control! Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (Japan only)
- Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
- Metroid Prime: Trilogy (America, Europe and Australia only)
- Super Metroid (Virtual Console)
- Metroid: Other M
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl (appearances of Samus and Ridley)
The Wii Remote, also referred to as Wiimote, is the main controller for the Wii system and uses motion control. One Wii remote comes with the Wii system.
- (, , , and )
The Nunchuck is the secondary controller and can be attached to the Wii Remote. It has two buttons, and has a three-axis accelerometer for control similar to the Wii Remote.
- Control Stick