A-Kul was the only Keybearer to complete her mission and place her key in the Sky Temple Gateway. Following devastating attacks on both cadres, A-Kul attempted to send S-Jrs, a fellow Keybearer, back to Aether for reinforcements, but he was followed and overwhelmed by Ing-possessed beasts before completing the mission. By means of her spiritual link with her fellow Luminoth, she was able to record the places where the other nine Keybearers fell in Dark Aether and leave clues for other Luminoth Warriors to discover. The fact that she calls the other Keybearers "my warriors" may indicate that she was in command of the two cadres, which would be concurrent with her title of Champion of Aether.
In life, she was famous for her prowess in battle and wielded great weaponry, including the Dark Beam, Seeker Missile, Dark Suit, Gravity Boost, Dark Visor, Annihilator Beam, and Echo Visor, which were captured by the Ing. When Samus arrives on Aether and quests to destroy the Ing, she recovers these weapons and uses them in her quest.
- "Soon I shall pass to the final rest. My key is in place. Through my spiritual link to the others, I know where their bodies lie. I shall leave this knowledge, that their last location in the dark world can be known. May this knowledge lead our warriors to the Sky Temple Keys. The time draws near. Hear the words of A-Kul, she they call Champion of Aether. Know that my warriors fought and died with uncommon valor. Do not look unkindly upon their failure, for they died to save us all." — Logbook "A-Kul" (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "While our forces on Dark Aether fought desperate battles against superior numbers, our best minds completed their work. The Energy Transfer Module, a device designed to recover our lost planetary energy, was ready at last. A force of our greatest warriors was assembled, each equipped with the best armor and weaponry available. We sent this brave cadre of fighters to invade the Sky Temple and seize the missing energy lying within." —Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Logbook "The Final Crusade" (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "A-Kul tried to send me back to Aether, that I might get reinforcements. Both cadres have been attacked, devastated. The Ing followed me. They came, wearing the skin of beasts. I gave them a good fight, yet, I have failed. May I redeem my honor in the next life. Here, at the fortress entrance, I breathe my last." —Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Logbook "S-Jrs's Testament" (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "The first of our greatest champion's weapons has been found...by the Ing. Find the Dark Beam. Avenge this blasphemy!" —I-Sha (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "The missile launcher of our last champion was a potent weapon. It had the ability to hit multiple targets at once. Claim this weapon from its sacred vault." —A-Voq (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Mighty armor worn by our last champion is in the clutches of the Ing. It resists the burning air of Dark Aether. Find it and it is yours." —I-Sha (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Our champion used a device that made moving through liquid like moving through air. The Ing have taken it. If you wish to explore Torvus freely, you will take it from them!" —A-Voq (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Our champion wore a visor that pierced the veil of Dark Aether’s eternal night. Take it back from the Ing. Let no darkness slow your mighty hand." —A-Voq (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "The strongest weapon of our champion is in the hands of the enemy. It fires a blast of light and dark energy, and has no equal. Find it soon!" —O-Lir (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "The last of our champion’s visors used sound to target the unseen. Recover it from its place of honor and use it wisely!" —O-Lir (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)