Charge Combos are weapons that essentially combine a Charge Shot and a Missile. They are found in Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. Aside from the Super Missile, all of them are optional accessories and not required to complete the game. The Charge Combos are activated by fully charging the corresponding beam weapon and then firing a Missile. Most Charge Combos fire a single projectile. However, several fire a continuous stream.
- Main article: Super Missile
The Super Missile is the Charge Combo of the Power Beam. It fires a more powerful version of the standard Missile. Samus does not attain this until after finding the Wave Beam. The Super Missile is the single most useful and essential Charge Combo in the entire game. Before this combo is attained, several enemies that could only take Power Beam damage were oftentimes very difficult and time consuming to kill. With this combo the game is much easier to progress through. It is located at the top of the Observatory in the Phendrana Drifts region, and in the Torvus Bog temple.
- Main article: Wavebuster
The Wavebuster is the Wave Beam's Charge Combo. It fires a stream of electricity, automatically locking onto and causing continuous damage to a single target. If the target dies or moves out of its range, the Wavebuster will automatically choose a new target. It is capable of paralyzing enemies. The Wavebuster is located at the top of the Tower of Light in the Chozo Ruins. Samus must expend a large number of Missiles to climb this structure. The exact number of Missiles required varies with the difficulty level of the game.
- Main article: Ice Spreader
The Ice Spreader is the Ice Beam's Charge Combo. It fires a single Missile, coating the target in ice. Because an ice sheet spreads from the point of impact, the Ice Spreader is capable of freezing multiple enemies. It is located in the Magmoor Caverns. A Power Bomb must be used to access it.
- Main article: Flamethrower
The Flamethrower is the Plasma Beam's Charge Combo. It creates a continuous stream of fire, causing severe damage to targets. It is most effectively used by sweeping it across large groups of targets. It is located in Storage Depot A of the Phazon Mines. The Plasma Beam, as well as a Power Bomb, must be used to access it.
- Main article: Phazon Combo
The Phazon Combo is referenced in the code of Metroid Prime. However, it is impossible to obtain this weapon by any means. Based on its name, it would likely have been the charge combo of the Phazon Beam. Due to the incompatibility between the Charge Beam and Phazon Beam, it is uncertain how this weapon would have been activated. This Charge Combo was most likely left after the beta stage of Metroid Prime's production, and was dummied out of the game. Other details of its function are unknown.
- Main article: Darkburst
The Darkburst is the Dark Beam's Charge Combo. It fires a single projectile. This projectile deals no damage and moves extremely slowly. However, on impact with any surface, this projectile will become stationary, drawing in surrounding enemies. These are disposed of in another dimension, removing most threats. Some enemies are immune to this effect. However, the Darkburst's effect will still cause damage to such enemies. The Darkburst is found in Agon Wastes' Mining Station B.
- Main article: Sunburst
The Sunburst is the Light Beam's Charge Combo. It fires a single projectile that emits multicolored light. This projectile moves quite slowly, damaging passing targets as it does so. It deals immense damage to the creatures of Dark Aether, and has the capability to ignite foes. The Sunburst is found in the Grand Windchamber, located in the Temple Grounds.
- Main article: Sonic Boom
The Sonic Boom is the Annihilator Beam's Charge Combo. It fires a single wave of force, which travels so quickly that appears to hit its target instantaneously. The Sonic Boom creates a rift in space, and is suitable for use against multiple enemies. It is found in Ing Cache 2 of Dark Agon Wastes.
- "As the game progresses and you obtain the Charge Combo for each beam, you will be able to combine missiles with the beams you are using to fire a very powerful attack. When you press and hold and charge it to its maximum, press on the while still holding down . The performance of the Charge Combo and the number of missiles it consumes will vary according to the beam you are using." Metroid Prime Trilogy Instruction Booklet, Pg 15
- "As the game progresses and you obtain the Charge Combo for each beam, you will be able to combine missiles with the beams you are using to fire a very powerful attack. When you press and hold and charge it to its maximum, press on the while still holding down . The performance of the Charge Combo and the number of missiles or beam ammo it consumes will vary according to the beam you are using." Metroid Prime Trilogy Instruction Booklet, Pg 29