Energy Transfer Module
The Energy Transfer Module is a device built by the Luminoth to drain Dark Aether's Energy Controllers in an effort to quickly end the war against the Ing, in which they were vastly outnumbered. It fell into the hands of the Ing after an unsuccessful siege against the Sky Temple, who used it against the Luminoth to drain Aether's energy from the temples in Agon, Torvus, and Sanctuary Fortress.
Eventually an Ing wielding the Energy Transfer Module went to the Great Temple to drain the last of Aether's energy. It possessed an Alpha Splinter that was battling Samus Aran. Ultimately it was defeated, and the Energy Transfer Module fused with Samus's Varia Suit. After U-Mos explains what the device is used for, he convinces Samus to help retrieve Aether's energy.
"The Energy Transfer Module allows you to siphon power from Energy Controllers.
Samus's notes: The Energy Transfer Module has a power core fueled by light energy. The presence of this energy protects the user from Ing possession.
Once you have siphoned all power from an Energy Controller on Dark Aether, you must return it to an Energy Controller on Aether."
- "We were not prepared to fight a long war. The forces of the enemy outnumbered ours vastly. We sought a way to end the war quickly, without extended combat. We decided to build a device to recover our lost planetary energy from Dark Aether. Without this energy, the dark world would cease to be, and our world would be restored to stability." —Luminoth Lore "Recovering Energy" (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "While our forces on Dark Aether fought desperate battles against superior numbers, our best minds completed their work. The Energy Transfer Module, a device designed to recover our lost planetary energy, was ready at last. A force of our greatest warriors was assembled, each equipped with the best armor and weaponry available. We sent this brave cadre of fighters to invade the Sky Temple and seize the missing energy lying within." —Luminoth Lore "The Final Crusade" (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "None of the warriors sent to the Sky Temple returned. Our forces searched Dark Aether for them, in vain. Of the Energy Transfer Module, there was no sign. Though saddened, we set out to prepare another mission, to build another module, to try once more to save our dying world." —Luminoth Lore "Shattered Hope" (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "The Luminoth created an Energy Transfer Module designed to absorb the energy from Dark Aether, only to have it stolen and used against them. Their temples fell one by one, until only their last, the Great Temple, remained." Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Instruction Booklet, Pg 07
- "A massive Ing attack came to the land of Agon. Soon, the Temple of Agon was surrounded by the Horde, with no hope of salvation. Our gallant warriors there were slain, and Agon fell to the enemy. Our blood chilled when we learned that the energy within that temple was drained. The Ing had found the Energy Transfer Module, and were using it as a weapon against us." —Luminoth Lore "Agon Falls" (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "System Alert. Unknown item acquired. Alien technology has bonded to armor systems. Threat scan complete. No negative impact on suit performance." —Acquisition Data (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Before you arrived, the Ing had stolen a device from us…one that collects planetary energy. With it, they have weakened our planet to the verge of collapse. But fortune smiled upon us this day, for the Energy Transfer Module…is now bonded with you. With it, you can help us…help us restore our world." —U-Mos (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "The Energy Transfer Module allows you to siphon power from Energy Controllers. Samus's notes: The Energy Transfer Module has a power core fueled by light energy. The presence of this energy protects the user from Ing possession. Once you have siphoned all power from an Energy Controller on Dark Aether, you must return it to an Energy Controller on Aether." —Samus's Notes (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)