G.F.S. Theseus (room)
|This article is about G.F.S. Theseus, the room. For the spacecraft, see G.F.S. Theseus.|
Because the Blue Door to the ship is locked due to lack of power, this room can initially only be entered through a Morph Ball-sized hole blocked by Talloric Alloy in Crash Site. Once inside, the entrance Samus came through is sealed by a vacuum hatch. Inside, there is a single Atomic, a creature that can be a nuisance to fight in a small area such as this room. Samus can destroy it with her Charge Beam. In order to leave the room, Samus must first return power to the ship.
To return power to Theseus, Samus must release clamps on a panel covering power rods used to power the ship. Samus can destroy the clamps by explosive means of Missiles or Charged shots. She can then connect all power rods using the Grapple Lasso. If Samus begins powering one power rod and does not pull on the power rod across from it, the power rods will all move back to their original position. Once powered, the Blast Shield on the door to Crash Site will open and a large satellite receptor terminal will lift in the middle of the room as Theseus's ceiling opens.
Once the terminal is used, it will receive a map from the terminal and Samus will download it. This will show the locations of Fiery Airdock and Thorn Jungle Airdock; AU 242 will prompt Samus to fly and land on those locations.
- Though the satellite interface unit receives map information from a satellite, Samus is not shown to have downloaded the information herself through any means, yet she still obtains a map of Bryyo. Possibly, Aurora Unit 242 received map data from the terminal and transferred it to Samus.
- "Vacuum hatch closed. Analysis indicates hatch can only be opened from the inside." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption)
- "Analysis complete. Unit is one of a series of power rods. Connect all rods to restore power." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption)
- "Structural analysis complete. Protective panel is held in place by security clamps." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption)
- "Security system engaged. Clamp locks in place. Explosives may damage them." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption)
- "Scan complete. All power-rod circuits are complete. Power has been restored to local systems." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption)
- "Satellite interface unit is powered. Control systems are disrupted. Realign controls to engage interface" —Scan Data (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption)
- "Satellite interface unit is online. Control systems engaged. New landing site data received." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption)