I-Sha was the last Sentinel of the Agon Temple on Aether. Samus encounters the message left by I-Sha via Luminoth Holoprojector in the Agon Energy Controller chamber of Agon Wastes. In the message, I-Sha explains the nature of Dark Aether, calling it a "twisted mockery" of the sacred temple. The hologram also contains instructions concerning the measures that must be taken to retrieve the Light of Aether from the Dark Agon Temple, the purpose of Light Crystals, and updates Samus's Translator Module to read Amber holograms. I-Sha ends the message with the usual Luminoth expression of goodwill.
In subsequent messages, I-Sha makes reference, directly or indirectly, to the Portals to Dark Aether, the Dark Beam, the Light Beam, and the Dark Suit. I-Sha's hologram is last seen appearing spontaneously to bow in thanks to Samus after she returns the Light of Aether to the Agon Energy Controller.
A corpse presumed to be I-Sha's is discovered in the Agon Energy Controller by Samus. Information collected from it indicates that I-Sha died some 1.5 decacycles prior to her arrival and was killed in battle.
- "Welcome. I am I-Sha, Sentinel of the Agon Temple. This message survives my death, as guidance to one who would fight the Ing." —I-Sha's Hologram (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "A portal to Dark Aether lies nearby. With it, you can travel to this land's shadow. You must locate a Dark Temple, a twisted mockery of this sacred place. Inside you will find the Energy Controller you seek." —I-Sha's Hologram (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "The temple door is held fast by three locks. The keys for the locks are hidden throughout that dark land. Your search will be difficult. Even the very air of Dark Aether is dangerous, and can cripple the strongest of warriors. In our past struggles with the Ing, we placed a series of Light Crystals throughout their world. They remain today. These Crystals create safe areas that will protect you from the harmful atmosphere of the dark world. I have updated your Translator Module. You can access devices and doors coded with Amber holograms. More lands are open to explore. When you have taken the energy from the Dark Temple, return here at once." —I-Sha's Hologram (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "May the Light of Aether serve you well!" —I-Sha's Hologram (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Seek the dark shadow of this sacred place soon. Remember: even the air of Dark Aether can kill. Do not hesitate to use the Light Crystals." —I-Sha (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "The first of our greatest champion's weapons has been found...by the Ing. Find the Dark Beam. Avenge this blasphemy!" —I-Sha (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "The Light Beam is a truly mighty weapon. All of the Ing fear its power. Find this weapon, so its great light may blind and burn our foes once more." —I-Sha (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Mighty armor worn by our last champion is in the clutches of the Ing. It resists the burning air of Dark Aether. Find it and it is yours." —I-Sha (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Bioscan complete. Luminoth subject terminated 1.5 decacycles ago. Damage from multiple weapon systems detected. Subject definately went out fighting." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)