The Map Facility is a room on the Space Pirate Frigate Orpheon. The main part of the room is essentially a hallway, but a Morph Ball tunnel on the right leads to a Map Station. Samus observes a number of Parasites fleeing through that tunnel when she first enters the chamber.
The area containing the Map Station contains multiple data terminals, which can be scanned for data on the statuses of Tallon IV, the Orpheon, the two Parasite Queen specimens on Deck Beta, as well as a report about a parasitic infestation throughout Decks Gamma and Beta. A shielded window from which the surface of Tallon IV is visible sits behind the Map Station.
Available Logbook Entries
- "Tallon IV Ground Zero area secure. Crater radiation readings normal." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime)
- "Frigate exterior hull stable and fully functional." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime)
- "Two Parasite Queen specimens have become volatile on Deck Beta. All security personnel should report to the Biotech Research Area." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime)
- "Parasitic infestation has been detected in the ventilation systems of Decks Gamma and Beta." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime)
- "Entrance to Deck Alpha Umbilical Hall" —Scan Data (Metroid Prime)
- "Ventilation tunnel to Navigation room." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime)
- "Entrance to Connection Elevator" —Scan Data (Metroid Prime)