Metroid Quarantine A
The entryway of the room is filled with Space Pirate terminals and Phazon processing equipment, while the second shielded area is essentially a cave of Phazon used to quarantine hostile Metroids. The two areas are separated by a force field. Two Space Pirates patrol the entry area next to the force field.
When Samus first enters the room, she will be in an upper area with a number of terminals. One of these can be scanned to deactivate the force field. If she has not killed the Pirates, Tallon Metroids will enter from the cave portion and attack them. After defeating the Pirates, they will attack Samus.
Several oversized Saturnines are in the entry to the quarantine area, as well as a large ditch filled with veins of Phazon and hunks of ore. Samus can only get across by climbing on the Saturnines and using the X-Ray Visor to locate two invisible platforms. The second section of the cave portion is laced with more puddles of Phazon. Samus must climb onto more Saturnines and venture across another invisible platform to a high ledge on the wall. This ledge has Spider Ball Tracks that lead to the door to Elevator Access B. The south Bendezium wall of this ledge can be destroyed with a Power Bomb, which leads to a small passage and another wall that can be destroyed with a Power Bomb. From here, Samus can utilize Spider Ball Tracks and an invisible platform to a high walkway that has a Missile Expansion on it.
Available Logbook Entries
- "Fungal invigoration fluid processing levels normal." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime)
- "Studies indicate decreased aggression between Elite Pirates and irradiated Metroids. Science Team believes the infusion of Phazon in these units may be forming a type of symbiosis between them. Further studies are under way." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime)
- "Infusion of Phazon into local fungi is proceeding. This program has produced a cheap, viable ration for many of our Phazon-enhanced units on Tallon IV. A mass-production program has been authorized." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime)
- "Suspension of synthetic Metroid rations has been ordered. Synthetic Metroid rations ot be replaced by live bio-energy sources on 12.025.1" —Scan Data (Metroid Prime)
- "Security now taking volunteers for hunting parties. The target is bioform Samus Aran, also known as the Hunter." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime)
- "Science Team reminds all personnel to refrain from antagonizing Metroids. Severe penalties will be enforced for all violations of this order." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime)
- "Report any Force Field malfunctions to Operations Command immediately. Do not disengage Force Field without Command authorization." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime)
- "Synthetic Metroid ration mix processing in progress." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime)
- "Size increase for 400% indicated in fungal unit." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime)
- "Bendezium within wall is unstable." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime)
- "Missile Expansion. Increases the number of Missiles you can carry by 5." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime)