Metroid in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Metroid elements have appeared in every Super Smash Bros. game to date, including Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. Samus Aran and Zero Suit Samus appear as playable characters, and other references include character and enemy cameos, stages based on Metroid locations, items and music from the series, and various trophies of Metroid elements.
- Samus Aran is a playable character with eight costume variations and four special moves which can be customized.
- Zero Suit Samus is a separate playable character with eight costume variations and four special moves which can be customized.
- Pyrosphere from Metroid: Other M appears as an extremely interactive combat stage. FG II-Graham units and Joulions appear as hazards on the stage, as does Ridley, who can even transform into Meta Ridley under the right circumstances.
- Screw Attack ( item )
- Dark Samus attacks with various Phazon-charged blasts.
- A single Metroid can be summoned which will latch onto an enemy and cause damage.
- Mother Brain shoots a powerful Hyperbeam at targets during battle.
Featured Metroid Music in the game include the following tracks:
Featured on the Norfair stage:
- Main Theme (Metroid) (Remix, Metroid)
- Brinstar (Remix, Metroid)
- Brinstar Depths (Remix, Metroid)
- Norfair (Remix, Metroid)
- Ending (Metroid) (Remix, Metroid)
- Theme of Samus Aran, Space Warrior (Remix, Super Metroid)
- The Burning Lava Fish (Original, Metroid: Other M)
Featured on the Pyrosphere stage:
- Vs. Ridley (Remix, Super Metroid)
- Title (Metroid) (Remix, Metroid)
- Escape (remix, Metroid)
- Sector 1 (Remix, Metroid Fusion)
- Vs. Parasite Queen (Original, Metroid Prime)
- Vs. Meta Ridley (Original, Metroid Prime)
- Multiplayer (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes) (Original, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- Psycho Bits (Original, Metroid Prime Hunters)
- Lockdown Battle Theme (Original, Metroid: Other M)
- Nemesis Ridley (Original, Metroid: Other M)