Space Pirate Data
From Metroid Wiki
|This article is about the lore from Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. For the lore in Metroid Prime, see Pirate Data.|
The following lore entries were throughout Corruption's Pirate Homeworld. They detail the events between Metroid Prime 2: Echoes and Corruption from the point of view of a group of Space Pirates of the ship Colossus.
Space Pirate Data
- "Phazon was discovered two stellar years ago, and since that moment, Command has been driven to control it all. Two operations have been established, at tremendous cost. Both have failed, thanks to the accursed Hunter, Samus Aran. Her Federation allies now move to secure what little Phazon remains on the planet Aether. This we cannot allow. We, the crew of the battleship Colossus, swear to take that Phazon or die trying." —Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Logbook "Our Mission" (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption)
- "Our attempts to intercept the Federation ship departing Aether were unsuccessful. With them went a collection of Phazon, the first to fall into Federation hands. They foolishly left most of the Phazon behind, allowing us to quickly collect what we could. But in our haste we took more than mere Phazon. Our scanners have detected the remains of Dark Samus, who has revived herself within our Phazon storage.
Surely, we are cursed.
The fiendish shrew consumed all of the Phazon, then wiped out a third of the crew in a matter of minutes. Now she moves at will through the halls of Colossus, using her witchery to beguile the minds of the crew. We are unable to call for aid, and only a few of us remain to stand against her. All is lost." —Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Logbook "Stowaway" (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption)
- "Our struggles have ended. She has shown us the error of our ways. The way is now clear. All previous vows of fealty have been forsworn: we now pledge sole allegiance to our liberator, the great one, Dark Samus. We bear a singular honor, we lucky few, for we are her first disciples. Our burden is a happy one, for we will pave the way to her glorious victory and cosmic rule. Let the light of Phazon lead us!" —Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Logbook "First Disciples" (Metroid Prime 3 : Corruption)
- "After our liberation, she left us adrift. We thought this a test of our loyalty, and so we endured. Some said she abandoned us. They were promptly shot. Disciples do not doubt their leader.
When she returned, it was on the back of a titanic starborne beast! As we groveled in awe, she ordered us to follow the beast through a rift in space, a wormhole. Some refused to follow, afraid of the unknown. They too were shot. Disciples must be fearless.
Once through the rift, we saw a singular wonder...Phaaze, the source of all Phazon in the cosmos. Phaaze, the home of our glorious leader!" —Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Logbook "The Source Discovered" (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption)
- "Our leader provided us with great wisdom on many subjects, including the improvement of our mighty battleship, Colossus. We followed her teachings, and turned our vessel into a ship without peer. But more work remained!
Dark Samus required a mighty flagship, one to strike terror in the hearts of her enemies. The might of Colossus was not enough. She demanded more! Her solution was unique and most excellent.
We took her great star-beast and fitted it with cybernetic weapon systems. Crew quarters and command consoles were placed within the beast's skull. In time, we created a mighty dreadnought, and called it Leviathan. The great leader was pleased." —Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Logbook "The Leviathan" (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption)
- "The vision of our leader is vast indeed. As we prepared for war with the hated Galactic Federation, she decided she required one of their great machines to better control her living planet. We then set out to bring an Aurora Unit to Dark Samus.
Bribes led us to the location of our prize: the battleship Valhalla. Crewed with green recruits on a training mission, she was ours for the taking. One of the mightiest ships in the cosmos was no match for the Phazon-powered weapons of the Colossus. We rendered Valhalla helpless, then sent raider to claim our prize. The Aurora was ours!
There was no mercy for the Federation dogs. At the command of Dark Samus, we jettisoned the crew into the frigid depths of space, leaving the wreck of Valhalla as a warning to the Federation. Let them tremble before our might!" —Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Logbook "Taking Valhalla" (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption)
- "Our great leader, with the aid of our captured Aurora Unit, has discovered many of Phaaze's secrets. Dark Samus can now command the living world to send forth Phazon Seeds! She was eager to test this new power. When we heard the first world to receive this blessing was our Homeworld, we rejoiced.
The Seed was sent into the void, and quickly made its way to our Homeworld. Our brethren foolishly tried to repel it, but their efforts were in vain. To think, once we were as pathetic as them!
Now the deed is done, and slowly, our Homeworld becomes like Phaaze. Soon, there will be two living planets, two Phazon sources for our great leader to use as she sees fit. Soon, there will be thousands of new disciples for her to command." —Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Logbook "Purification" (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption)
- "The time has come, our leader commands. We go to war at last!
Three worlds will be attacked, each important to the Federation. We shall destroy the spy base at Elysia, the fuel production of Bryyo, and the naval station at Norion. Each of those wretched worlds will become as Phaaze...each a foothold into the territory of the hated Federation. From those worlds, our vanguard will go forth. At long last, our enemies will be humbled, then enslaved.
Three Phazon Seeds will be sent, and an armada will accompany each of them. Dark Samus herself will lead the attack on Norion. Victory is ours for the taking!" —Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Logbook "Vanguard" (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption)
- "Today is a day of celebration and woe. Our forces have taken planet Bryyo, leaving the Federation outpost there in cinders. Though we missed their spy base at Elysia, the planet itself was struck with a Phazon Seed. But Norion...Norion was a failure...all thanks to the accursed Hunter, Samus Aran.
All is not lost, however. Our great leader defeated Aran and her mongrel allies in battle. If they aren't dead, they'll soon wish they were. Each of them bears her mark of corruption. Soon they, like we disciples, will bow to her will." —Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Logbook "Victory and Loss" (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption)
- "Command has received disturbing reports from Bryyo. Contact with our outpost there has been terminated. A coded bliptrans showing Commander Rundas falling in battle to Samus has arrived. Worst of all, the Bryyonian Seed has been demolished. The Hunter's might is great, and she is as efficient as ever when it comes to disrupting our operations.
Our spies within the Federation tell us she travels to Elysia soon. We plan on having an appropriate welcoming party in place for her when she arrives. Commander Ghor is a very...accommodating host." —Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Logbook "Bryyo Falls" (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption)
- "The march of the Hunter continues, much to our dismay. She has smashed our line at Elysia, taking down Commander Ghor in the process. The accursed Elysian machines were no match for Aran's guns, and now the Federation has control of their spy station once again.
It is only a matter of time before they find the location of the Phazon source and send their fleets to lay siege. Our great leader does not seem to mind these setbacks. If Samus comes to our Homeworld, she will find us ready." —Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Logbook "Disaster at Elysia" (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption)
- "Mistress Gandrayda is the last of our leader's field commanders. We hope that she will succeed where the others have not. We hope that she will slay the wretched Hunter!
Gandrayda tests our mettle often. She moves among us in our form, watching us, looking for signs of weakness. Several unfaithful disciples have been ended...violently. Those who survive will be stronger, ready for the Hunter that comes for them from the void. Gandrayda has vowed to present Aran's bloody helmet to Dark Samus as tribute. We hope she fulfills that vow!" —Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Logbook "Mistress Gandrayda" (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption)