The Hi-Jump Boots, formerly known as High Jump Boots, allow Samus to increase the height of her jump. It was first featured in Metroid and has been in every 2D Metroid game since. The Hi-Jump Boots also allow Samus to jump in Morph Ball mode in Metroid Fusion and Metroid: Zero Mission, while in Metroid II: Return of Samus and Super Metroid, a separate upgrade is required.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Increases jump ability. This also allows Samus to jump while in Morph Ball Mode" Metroid Fusion Instruction Booklet, Pg 30
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "This upgrade allows Samus to jump higher and allows her to jump while in Morph Ball mode." Metroid: Zero Mission Instruction Booklet, Pg 26
- ↑ "With these boots, Samus can jump one-and-a-half times higher than he normally can. Jumping high walls to get to new zones are no problem to him with these. Be sure to get ahold of them." Metroid Instruction Booklet, Pg 24
- ↑ "With these boots, Samus can jump more than twice as high as she normally can." Metroid II: Return of Samus Instruction Booklet, Pg 17
- ↑ "The Hi-Jump Boots allow Samus to reach higher places." Super Metroid Instruction Booklet, Pg 24