FS-176 is the star of the FS-176 solar system. The system is the most frequently visited location in the Metroid series. The planets Zebes, Twin Tabula, Oormine II, Bilium, and Tallon IV are part of the solar system. A holographic image of this solar system can be seen in Metroid Prime in the Observatory, located in Phendrana Drifts. The system and its star were first mentioned by name in the Metroid Manga.
Properties[edit | edit source]
Structure[edit | edit source]
The planet Bilium orbits closest to the star. Between Bilium and the next closest planet (Oormine II) lies an asteroid field, which contains fairly large segments, suggesting that either the system is relatively young and is still in the process of forming its planets, or that a planet has been destroyed and its remnants make up the belt.
The third planet is Twin Tabula, and the fourth is Zebes. The furthest planet from the star, and also the most massive of the five, is Tallon IV.
Cultural Significance[edit | edit source]
FS-176 was the subject of multiple sculptures in the Chozo Ruins formed by Chozo colonists to honor it. These appear to be likenesses of the star itself and of the cyclical nature of day versus night.
Data[edit | edit source]
Logbook Entries[edit | edit source]
Scan Data[edit | edit source]
- ↑ "The second planet from the sun FS-176, Zebes" —Metroid (manga), Samus Aran, Vol 1 Ch 2 Pg(s) 2
- ↑ Scans made in Observatory, Phendrana Drifts (Metroid Prime)
- ↑ "Chozo sculpture crafted in honor of Tallon's star." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime)
- ↑ "Planet Tallon IV. Mass: 5.1 trillion teratons. Profile: Ecosystem studies indicate that Tallon IV was a biological paradise prior to the impact of an extraterrestrial object. What remains of the biosphere is slowly fading due to exposure to Phazon radiation. At current rate of decay, Tallon IV will be a barren Class XIII wasteland in approximately 25 years." —Metroid Prime Logbook "Tallon IV" (Metroid Prime)
- ↑ "Planet Zebes Mass: 4.8 trillion teratons. Profile: Planet's crust is primarily Urthic ore, making it ideal for subterranean construction. A class XIX planet, Zebes is inhospitable to most bioforms. The world was considered unremarkable until it became a base for Space Pirate forces." —Metroid Prime Logbook "Zebes" (Metroid Prime)
- ↑ "Planet Bilium
Mass: 3.8 trillion teratons. Profile QUARANTINE.
Atmosphere is rife with Miteralis, a sentient gaseous Global Exterminator virus." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime)
- ↑ "Planet Oormine II
Mass: 2.3 trillion teratons.
Profile: An uninhabitable wasteland savaged by nuclear dust storms and constant seismic upheavals." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime)
- ↑ "Planet Twin Tabula
Mass: 4.1 trillion teratons.
Profile: Planet is best known for "Twin Fever," a disease caused by a viral strain native to Twin Tabula. In the early stages of the disease, victims suffer from double vision. When the "twin sight" fades, the victim is near death." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime)