Metroid in Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Metroid has appeared in every Super Smash Bros. game to date, including Super Smash Bros. Brawl. In addition to Samus Aran's appearance as a playable character inboth her Varia Suit and Zero Suit, other references include character and enemy cameos, a Metroid assist trophy, stages based on Metroid locations, items and music from the series, and various trophies and stickers of Metroid elements.
- Samus Aran makes a third appearance in the series in Brawl. Her arsenal and attacks are nearly identical to those used in Melee but includes a powerful final smash known as the Zero Laser, a huge beam fired from her Arm Cannon that blasts her armor away, allowing her to continue fighting in her Zero Suit.
- Zero Suit Samus makes her first appearance in the Super Smash Bros. series in Brawl. Aside from an array of melee attacks, she also utilizes her Paralyzer gun in combat, with added functionality not previous seen in any Metroid games including the Plasma Wire and Plasma Whip. Her final smash re-materializes her Power Suit.
- Norfair appears as a stage for combat, inspired by the Norfair area. It features five platforms hovering over lava that will rise and fall occasionally, as well as spray from the sides, bubble up from beneath, and even completely cover the stage in a large wave.
- Frigate Orpheon is the first stage taken from the Metroid Prime series, and is inspired by the Reactor Core area of Frigate Orpheon. A Parasite Queen (presumably the one fought by Samus in Metroid Prime) often appears in the background. Occasionally, the entire stage will flip over.
- Melee Stages: Brinstar reappears as a Melee stage and is identical to its previous appearance.
- The Screw Attack appears again, and has identical functionality to the Melee incarnation, except it cannot be thrown at enemies.
- A Metroid can be summoned using an assist trophy to drain an opponent's energy. It will latch onto an enemy character cause damage in the same manner as Metroids have throughout the Metroid series.
- Ridley appears as a boss during the Subspace Emissary mode. Ridley is fought on a large, flat platform, and uses his powerful wings, tail, and claws in a variety of melee attacks.
- Meta Ridley appears later in the Subspace Emissary mode after his initial defeat. Meta Ridley chases Captain Falcon's Falcon Flyer and uses various fiery projectiles fired from his mouth and swipes of his claws to damage his opponents.
Music from the Metroid series in Brawl includes 13 different tracks.
- Main Theme (Metroid) - A remix of the Brinstar theme from the original Metroid. Aside from some added vocals and extra instrumentation, this is taken almost directly from Metroid Prime Pinball. It is used on the Norfair stage.
- Ending (Metroid) - An orchestrated version of the credits theme used in Metroid and in Zero Mission. It is used on the Norfair stage. This song is also played during both Samus and Zero Suit Samus' Classic Mode credits.
- Norfair - A remix of the lesser known Norfair theme from the original Metroid, used on the Norfair stage.
- Theme of Samus Aran, Space Warrior - An orchestration of the credits theme from Super Metroid, used on the Norfair stage.
- Vs. Ridley - A unique remix of Ridley's theme, featured in several Metroid games. It is used on the Frigate Orpheon stage.
- Vs. Parasite Queen - Taken directly from Metroid Prime, this was the track that played when Samus fought the Parasite Queen. It is used on the Frigate Orpheon stage.
- Opening/Menu (Metroid Prime) - A medley of two tracks from Metroid Prime--the title screen and the credits theme (which itself was an extension of the menu theme). With the exception of the vocals at the beginning, the title screen theme is taken directly from the game, while the credits theme is arranged. It's used on the Frigate Orpheon stage.
- Sector 1 - An orchestrated version of the background music of the first mission in Sector 1 in Metroid Fusion. It is used on the Frigate Orpheon stage.
- Vs. Meta Ridley - Taken directly from Metroid Prime, this was the background music that played during the fight against Meta Ridley. It is used on the Frigate Orpheon stage.
- Multiplayer (Metroid Prime 2) - A track taken directly from the multiplayer mode of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. It is used on the Frigate Orpheon stage.
- Brinstar (Melee) - Taken directly from Melee. It is used on the Brinstar stage.
- Brinstar Depths (Melee) - Taken directly from Melee. It is used on the Brinstar stage.
- Samus's Victory Theme - The item acquisition fanfare from the Metroid series.
- Main article: List of Metroid Trophies
- Main article: List of Metroid Stickers
- This trophy information is inaccurate. The Dark Suit was actually acquired after a battle in the Dark Agon Temple.
- This trophy information is inaccurate. Dark Samus was created when Metroid Prime was reborn from DNA collected from Samus's Phazon Suit.
- This trophy information is inaccurate. The scientists who created Kanden were trying to create invincible soldiers, not invisible ones.