Sylux is a blue-suited Bounty Hunter from the Metroid Prime series. Its gender is unknown. It is skilled at stealth and tracking, as well as a formidable marksman. Not much is known about Sylux, as it has only appeared twice: once in Metroid Prime Hunters and a brief possible appearance in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. What is apparent is that it has an unexplained hatred for Samus Aran and the Galactic Federation.
- Main article: Shock Coil
Sylux is fitted with the Shock Coil weapon, which shoots a small, continuous beam of blue electricity. If this connects with the opponent, it slowly begins to drain the opponent's health, and as the beam is connected, the rate of the drainage will increase. If Sylux is the one using this weapon (which is not always the case since it is obtainable in the story and multiplayer mode) the drained health returns to Sylux, adding to its own.
- Main article: Lockjaw
Sylux's alternate form is known as the "Lockjaw." It is similar to, but faster than, the morph ball. The Lock Jaw can leave a maximum of three bombs behind it. However, these bombs will not detonate unless touched by an opponent. Instead, if the bombs are close together, a trip wire will connect the first two and will link all three, and home in on an opponent.
Metroid Prime Hunters
Sylux first appears in Metroid Prime Hunters in a cinematic scene in the introduction which shows it attacking a Federation Ship on a snowy planet, presumably its own world. Once the Alimbic Cluster sends out its cryptic message, Sylux follows Samus with a goal of attaining the power for its own. Samus first meets Sylux on the Vesper Defense Outpost.
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Sylux's ship or a ship of similar design is seen in following Samus in the secret ending obtained with a 100% completion of the game.
Little is known about the mysterious bounty hunter known as Sylux, other than the fact that Sylux harbors an intense hatred for the Galactic Federation and the bounty hunter who has helped the Federation time and time again -- Samus Aran.
- "Species: Unknown
Origins: Cylosis" —Introduction (Metroid Prime Hunters)
- "This hunter's power suit appears to be based on a Federation prototype and possesses extraordinary offensive and defensive capabilities. Sylux's weapon is the Shock Coil, a banned technology that fires charged blasts of high-density neutrinos." —Logbook (Metroid Prime Hunters)
- "Sylux's alternate form, the Lockjaw, may consist of stolen prototype Federation technology. It allows the user to transform into two tetracarbon ceramic-alloy blades joined by an energy thread. Its principal method of attack is to weave a network of explosive trip wire." —Logbook (Metroid Prime Hunters)
- "Sylux is a resourceful track, and a deadly sharpshooter who harbors an intense hatred for the Galactic Federation and for Samus Aran for assisting the Galactic Federation in the past." Metroid Prime Hunters Instruction Booklet, Pg 52
- "Little is known about the mysterious bounty hunter known as Sylux, other than the fact that Sylux harbors an intense hatred for the Galactic Federation and the bounty hunter who has helped the Federation time and time again -- Samus Aran." Metroid Prime Hunters for Nintendo DS , Metroidhunters.com
- "A skilled marksman and bounty hunter experienced in espionage skills such as scouting and tracking. While much of its background remains a mystery, it is clear that it hates Samus and the Federation. Sylux uses the Shock Coil, an experimental Federation-made weapon that continually drains energy from enemies and refills its own." —Trophy Gallery (Super Smash Bros. Brawl)