Metroid in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is the sixth game in the Super Smash Bros. series, released for the Nintendo Switch. It was first revealed on March 8, 2018 and released worldwide on December 7, 2018. The tagline for the game, "Everyone is here!", refers to every character from previous installments returning, including Samus and Zero Suit Samus. During the game's trailer at E3 2018, Ridley was also confirmed as a playable character, and during the Nintendo Direct on August 8, 2018, Dark Samus was confirmed as an Echo Fighter of Samus.
- Samus - As one of the "Original 8", Samus is the only Metroid character that is available from the start. She retains her look from Metroid: Other M and can also charge her Charge Shot in midair.
- Zero Suit Samus - Zero Suit Samus is a separate character from Samus, like in the previous game. Unless in previous installments, she is a locked character. Her moves remain largely unchanged, though she has a different idle stance.
- Ridley - The draconic Space Pirate appears as a playable character for the first time in any game, Metroid or otherwise. He is capable of jumping four times, similar to Charizard, and can shoot fireballs from his mouth. He can also drag opponents along the ground and attack with his tail. Meta Ridley also appears as an alternate costume.
- Dark Samus - As an Echo Fighter of Samus, Dark Samus shares her moves with her counterpart. However, her animations are different, such as floating on the ground, and her Charge Shot and Missiles have a different appearance. Her attributes are also sightly different.
- Brinstar - This stage returns from Super Smash Bros. Melee. It has few platforms and can be split near the center.
- Brinstar Depths - This stage returns from Super Smash Bros. Melee. It is large with many obstructions and Kraid turns it on occasion.
- Frigate Orpheon - This stage returns from Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It has a few moving platforms and the stage will flip to a different appearance at set intervals.
- Norfair - This stage returns from Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It has few platforms and many fire hazards.
- Screw Attack - This item returns from previous games. Characters who wear it jump higher and act as if they are using Samus's Screw Attack move.
- Metroid - A single Metroid returns from previous games. If it latches on to an opponent, it will start to drain their energy.
- Mother Brain - This character returns from the previous game. She will grow where she appeared, and then fire a laser beam while Rinkas float around.
- Adam Malkovich
- Dark Suit
- Fusion Suit
- Light Suit
- Mecha Ridley
- Mother Brain
- Mother Brain (2nd Form)
- Omega Ridley
- Queen Metroid
- Young Samus
- Chozo Statue
- Gravity Suit
- Little Birdie
- Metroid (can be obtained through the Metroid amiibo)
- Parasite Queen
- Phazon Suit