The Light Suit is a suit given to Samus by U-Mos to thank her for restoring the light energy to the Agon, Torvus, and Sanctuary temples. The suit completely protects Samus from the hazardous atmosphere of Dark Aether and is required to locate all of the Sky Temple Keys, as it allows Samus to submerge herself into Dark Aether's toxic water and Ingstorm without taking damage, although she will still receive damage from both light and dark attacks. It is indirectly obtained after defeating Quadraxis and transferring the energy from the Ing Hive to Sanctuary Fortress. Samus can also utilize the Light-Based Teleportation System powered by the Energy Controllers to warp to the different temples of Aether that she has returned to normal.
- The Light Suit has several holes on it, from which beams of light are emitted.
- Besides color, the Light Suit bears a resemblance to Dark Samus's suit appearance in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.
- The Light Suit's visor is the first in the series to be non-colored and transparent. Samus's facial features can be more easily seen with this suit upgrade.
- Samus's Gravity Boost appears to be removed in the render of the Light Suit. When Samus obtained it when she had the Dark Suit, the Gravity Boost's structure could be seen.
- The Light Suit appears as an alternate costume for Samus in Super Smash Bros. 4.
- "Samus's Notes: The Suit is fully resistant to the effects of Dark Aether. The Suit is also invulnerable to the effects of dark water. You can move through it without being impeded." —Inventory Data (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "The Light Suit is able to access the Luminoth energy transport system. You can ride these beams of energy between regions on Aether." —Inventory Data (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "The Light Suit is a fusion of Luminoth and Chozo battlesuit technology." —Inventory Data (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)