The Echo Visor is a Luminoth designed Visor used to see sound waves and was among the equipment used by the Champion of Aether. It can detect some invisible enemies, and can interface with other sonic based devices. It has also been used by the Luminoth to help their blind see.
Some enemies, such as the Shrieker, can only be detected using the Echo Visor. It can be used to detect sonic-based security systems and deactivate them. Used in conjuncture with the Annihilator Beam, the Echo Visor can also be used to open echo gates.
Samus uses the Echo Visor in her battle against Quadraxis to detect the signals sent between its body and the Head Module. When Dark Samus is battled on the Sky Temple Grounds, the Phazon radiation given off by her negates the Dark Visor, and so Samus uses the Echo Visor to detect her while invisible.
"The Echo Visor can reveal invisible items, areas, and enemies. Use the Echo Visor to interact with sonic-based security systems. This Visor was designed to work with a sonic-based Luminoth weapon system.
- "The last of our champion’s visors used sound to target the unseen. Recover it from its place of honor and use it wisely!" —O-Lir (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Subject Luminoth was blind, possibly from birth. Damaged cybernetic augmentation is present: a sonic imaging device enabled the subject to "see" the world around him." —Scan of deceased Luminoth (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Though the main body is disabled, the tactical control unit within it is still active. It will guide the Head Module in battle via high-sonic transmissions. Disabling this module will impair the Head Module's ability to fight." —Logbook (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Scans indicate that Dark Samus has absorbed tremendous levels of Phazon into her body: too much, perhaps. She can vent Phazon energy in the form of destructive blasts and protective shields: doing so will help her maintain stability. Exposure to Phazon has rendered her invisible to the Dark Visor. These new abilities, combined with her already formidable arsenal, place Dark Samus at the highest threat level." —Logbook (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "After Samus tracks down the Echo Visor, she'll be able to visualize sound waves to detect invisible enemies and objects." Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Instruction Booklet, Pg 19
- "This visor allows you to visualize sound waves. You will be able to see and know the locations of objects and creatures emitting sound waves." Metroid Prime: Trilogy Instruction Booklet, Pg 31
- "The Echo Visor can reveal invisible items, areas, and enemies. Use the Echo Visor to interact with sonic-based security systems. This Visor was designed to work with a sonic-based Luminoth weapon system." —Samus's Notes (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)