A Seeker Missile, referred to as the Seeker Launcher in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, is a Missile upgrade that allows up to five Missiles to be shot simultaneously.
Seeker Missiles, as the name implies, are able to Lock On and follow most targets. Some targets, however, are able to evade Seeker Missiles, such as Pirate Commandos. The Seeker Missiles debuted in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes and found their way into Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. In Metroid Prime Pinball, Samus can shoot five Missiles at once. In some cases, Samus can lock on all five Missiles to the same target. Seeker Missiles are vital to bypass certain obstacles in the Metroid Prime series, mainly Multi-Lock Blast Shields.
Seeker Missiles also appear in Metroid: Other M, although it fires a Super Missile in place of one of the missiles, therefore requiring a full charge to be used. In this game, the extra missiles will automatically acquire their targets.
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
In Echoes, the Seeker Launcher was among the weapons once wielded by the Champion of Aether. It rests inside a containment vault in the Hall of Honored Dead that can only be opened by completing a large Spinner puzzle, in which Samus must align several rotating sections of the floor in the correct order. This launcher can fire up to five missiles at once at a single or multiple targets.
On Screen Data
- "The missile launcher of our last champion was a potent weapon. It had the ability to hit multiple targets at once. Claim this weapon from its sacred vault." —A-Voq (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Fire and home in on multiple targets at once. While holding down the Y Button, use the R Button and the Control Stick to move the reticule to lock onto every enemy or target it passes over, to a maximum of five. You can also lock onto the same target up to five times." Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Instruction Booklet, Pg 17
- "You can fire missiles at up to five targets simultaneously. Take aim while pressing and holding . It locks onto the target automatically, so let go of to fire." Metroid Prime: Trilogy Instruction Booklet, Pg 28 and 44
- "If you press and hold the A Button until the charge gauge is fully charged, you will lock on to multiple targets. Release the A Button to fire a Super Missile along with four normal missiles at up to four additional targets." Metroid Other M Instruction Booklet, Pg 23
- "Seeker Launcher acquired!
Press and hold to charge the Seeker. Move the targeting reticule over targets to lock on." —Screen Data (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)