Hive Access Tunnel
The main part of the room forms a hallway between the Landing Site and the Hive Transport Area, and is filled with the same swaying plants encountered in the Landing Site. They are apparently harmless. There is a Translator Door that blocks the door to the Hive Transport Area and can only be lowered with the violet upgrade to the Translator Module. A side hallway leads to a vertical shaft surrounded by webbing and cocoons. This shaft leads down to Hive Chamber A.
The sealed entrance to the hive, the door toward the Landing Site, and decorative plants exist as evidence that the Luminoth once used this tunnel. They seemed to have sealed off the Hive Transport Area to protect themselves and other creatures from the hive.
When Samus first enters the tunnel, her only option is to enter the shaft toward Hive Chamber A. As Samus approaches this shaft, she will jump down the large, vertical tunnel.
Available Logbook Entries
- There is an inactive Splinter Cocoon in the room that cannot be scanned.
- As Samus approaches the shaft toward Hive Chamber A, she looks down on her own, even while the player can still control her.
- "Durable plantform adapted to low-light environment. The presence of a plant container suggests that it was placed here for decoration, possibly by local sentients." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Unable to interface with door control system. Cannot translate alien text. To access door controls, you will need to update your translator files." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "This is a powered door system. Low-level energy shield on door to prevent activation by local creatures. Weapon fire of any type will disrupt the shield and open the door." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)