The Culling Chamber is a large chamber in the Ing Hive, that contains a Luminoth-designed Portal Generator. It connects several rooms, including to the Hazing Cliff and Unseen Way via Blue Doors and the Central Hive Transport East via a Purple Hatch, which will take her to the upper level of the Hive. There is also a Portal Generator that'll teleport Samus to the Hall of Combat Mastery in the Sanctuary Fortress.
There are three Warrior Ing in the room who will atack you as you pass through, as well as three Ingworm Caches used to store items. More importantly, there's a Morph Ball maze that leads to a Dark Temple Key in the center of this room. Samus must have gotten the Spider Ball before she can get to the key, however.
Available Logbook Entries
- "This is a powered door system. Low-level energy shield on door to prevent activation by local creatures. Weapon fire of any type will disrupt the shield and open the door." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "There is a Blast Shield on the door blocking access. Analysis indicates that the Blast Shield is invulnerable to most weapons. Dark energy may damage it." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Magnetic rail system track detected. Rail system powered and active. Spider Ball technology required to access track." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "System analysis complete. Console used to energize and open a portal to Aether, currently online. Portal generation system initiated." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Portal control system online. Portal generation initiated. Walk into the portal to transport to Aether." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)