Torvus Energy Controller
The room is relatively small and houses the regional Energy Controller for Torvus Bog. It contains the corpse presumed to be A-Voq's, who died some 1.2 decacycles before Samus' arrival, the last Sentinel of the Temple before the Ing attacked and stole the Light of Aether from the Luminoth. It also contains a Luminoth Holoprojector that allows Samus to access a holographic message from A-Voq.
When Samus scans the Holoprojector, a hologram of A-Voq appears and explains that the war has crippled the Torvus Temple and flooded key areas into which Samus must venture to assault the Dark Torvus Temple. A-Voq issues a warning about the venomous waters in Dark Torvus Bog just before updating her Translator Module to interpret Emerald holograms. Subsequent scans activate additional holographic messages that contain information regarding the Dark Temple Keys of Torvus, the Seeker Missile, the Gravity Boost, and the Dark Visor.
After defeating Chykka, Samus reclaims the energy from the Dark Torvus Temple and returns it to the Torvus Temple, where she injects the energy into the Energy Controller. Immediately, the system reacts, improving weather conditions and refracting a ray of light through a lens, focusing the energy into a beam that is directed all the way back to the Main Energy Controller, where U-Mos witnesses its light. A-Voq's hologram appears for the final time to bow in thanks to Samus.
After Samus restores the Light of Aether to the Agon, Torvus, and Sanctuary Temples, she can access Aether's Light-Based Teleportation System and instantly teleport to any of the other Energy Controllers using the Light Suit.
- "Object analysis complete. This is a regional Energy Controller. Unit regulates planetary energy in this sector, and is linked to a global energy network." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Bioscan complete. Subject Luminoth has been dead for 1.2 decacycles. In addition to heavy combat damage, subject shows signs of numerous Ing possession attempts - all failed. Resisting these assaults would require incredible stamina and psychic durability." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "A great warrior comes to the Temple of Torvus. May you succeed where I failed. I am A-Voq, the last Sentinel of the temple. Heed my words carefully. As you can see, this temple has been crippled by the ravages of war. While the main chamber has been mostly preserved, the remainder of the temple has been flooded. You must use your abilities to venture into these flooded areas and find the keys you need to enter the Dark Temple." —A-Voq (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "The waters of Dark Aether are foul and venomous. Avoid them if you can. I have updated your Translator Module. You can access devices and doors coded with Emerald holograms. Search the areas now opened to you. The Ing will seek your light with great zeal. Do not underestimate them! The time for talk is over. Good hunting, and may the Light of Aether guide your aim." —A-Voq (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Find the keys to the temple of Dark Torvus. Find them and conquer that miserable place! Let there be an end to this struggle." —A-Voq (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "The missile launcher of our last champion was a potent weapon. It had the ability to hit multiple targets at once. Claim this weapon from its sacred vault." —A-Voq (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Our champion used a device that made moving through liquid like moving through air. The Ing have taken it. If you wish to explore Torvus freely, you will take it from them!" —A-Voq (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Our champion wore a visor that pierced the veil of Dark Aether’s eternal night. Take it back from the Ing. Let no darkness slow your mighty hand." —A-Voq (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)