Agon Energy Controller
The room is relatively small and houses the regional Energy Controller for Agon Wastes. It contains the corpse presumed to be I-Sha's, who died some 1.5 decacycles before Samus' arrival, who was the last Sentinel of the Temple before the Ing came to steal Agon's Light of Aether using the Energy Transfer Module. It also contains a Luminoth Holoprojector that allows Samus' to receive a message from I-Sha.
When Samus scans the Holoprojector, a holographic recording of I-Sha appears and explains the nature of Dark Aether and how she can reclaim the stolen energy in the Temple in Dark Agon Wastes. In conclusion, I-Sha explains how Light Crystals can be used to her advantage and updates Samus' Translator Module, allowing her to interpret Amber holograms. Subsequent scans activate additional holographic messages that contain information regarding the Portals to Dark Aether, the Dark Beam, the Light Beam, and the Dark Suit.
After defeating Amorbis, Samus retakes Agon's portion of the Light of Aether and returns to the Agon Temple, where she injects the energy into the Energy Controller. Immediately, the system reacts, improving weather conditions and refracting a ray of light through a lens, focusing the light into a beam that is directed all the way back to the Main Energy Controller, where U-Mos witnesses its light. I-Sha's hologram appears for the final time to bow in thanks to Samus.
After Samus restores the Light of Aether to the Agon, Torvus, and Sanctuary Temples, and talks to U-Mos, she can access Aether's Light-Based Teleportation System and instantly teleport among the four Energy Controllers using the Light Suit.
- "Object analysis complete. This is a regional Energy Controller. Unit regulates planetary energy in this sector, and is linked to a global energy network." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Bioscan complete. Luminoth subject terminated 1.5 decacycles ago. Damage from multiple weapon systems detected. Subject definately went out fighting." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Welcome. I am I-Sha, Sentinel of the Agon Temple. This message survives my death, as guidance to one who would fight the Ing. A portal to Dark Aether lies nearby. With it, you can travel to this land's shadow. You must locate a Dark Temple, a twisted mockery of this sacred place. Inside you will find the Energy Controller you seek. The temple door is held fast by three locks. The keys for the locks are hidden throughout that dark land. Your search will be difficult. Even the very air of Dark Aether is dangerous, and can cripple the strongest of warriors." —I-Sha (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "In our past struggles with the Ing, we placed a series of Light Crystals throughout their world. They remain today. These Crystals create safe areas that will protect you from the harmful atmosphere of the dark world. I have updated your Translator Module. You can access devices and doors coded with Amber holograms. More lands are open to explore. When you have taken the energy from the Dark Temple, return here at once. May the Light of Aether serve you well!" —I-Sha (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Seek the dark shadow of this sacred place soon. Remember: even the air of Dark Aether can kill. Do not hesitate to use the Light Crystals." —I-Sha (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "The first of our greatest champion's weapons has been found...by the Ing. Find the Dark Beam. Avenge this blasphemy!" —I-Sha (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "The Light Beam is a truly mighty weapon. All of the Ing fear its power. Find this weapon, so its great light may blind and burn our foes once more." —I-Sha (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Mighty armor worn by our last champion is in the clutches of the Ing. It resists the burning air of Dark Aether. Find it and it is yours." —I-Sha (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)