Sanctuary Energy Controller
This room is large and open, but only part of it can actually be explored. There is an inaccessible expanse at the rear of the room and a vista of Aether in the distance. The room houses the regional Energy Controller for Sanctuary Fortress. It contains the corpse presumed to be O-Lir's, who died some 1.1 decacycles before Samus' arrival, the last Sentinel of the Sanctuary Temple before the Ing attacked and stole the Light of Aether. It also contains a Luminoth Holoprojector that allows Samus' to receive a message from O-Lir.
When Samus scans the Holoprojector, a holographic recording of O-Lir appears and explains that the Fortress was a safe haven for the Luminoth during the war, equipped with powerful mechanoids that O-Lir invented to fight the Ing, whose Hive was accessible via Portals in the Fortress. Eventually the Ing corrupted the mechanoids, using many of them to guard their impregnable Hive. Finally, O-Lir updates her Translator Module to access devices and doors coded with Cobalt holograms. Subsequent scans activate additional holographic messages that contain information regarding the Spider Ball, Power Bombs, the Echo Visor, and the Annihilator Beam.
After defeating Quadraxis, Samus retakes Sanctuary's portion of the Light of Aether and returns to the Sanctuary Temple, where she injects the energy into the Energy Controller. Immediately, the system reacts, improving weather conditions and refracting a ray of light through a lens, focusing the energy into a beam that is directed all the way back to the Main Energy Controller, where U-Mos witnesses its light. O-Lir's hologram appears for the final time to bow in thanks to Samus.
After Samus restores the Light of Aether to the Agon, Torvus, and Sanctuary Temples, then talks to U-Mos, she can access Aether's Light-Based Teleportation System and instantly teleport to any of the Energy Controllers using the Light Suit.
- "Object analysis complete. This is a regional Energy Controller. Unit regulates planetary energy in this sector, and is linked to a global energy network." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Bioscan complete. Luminoth subject terminated 1.1 decacycles ago. Subject has taken damage from a number of Luminoth weapon systems, most likely those used by rogue Luminoth combat drones. It took more than the Ing to defeat this warrior." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Hear the words of O-Lir, last Sentinel of the Fortress Temple. May they serve you well. This used to be a great fortress, a safe haven for our people during the war. It also holds portals to the Ing Hive, the heart of their dark tribe. During the war, I built a number of mechanical sentinels to join me in battle. They were made to fight the Ing, and fight them they did...for a time." —O-Lir (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "One by one, the Ing corrupted them. Now, they attack with no mercy. Many went to Dark Aether with their Ing masters. Expect them when you are in the Hive. The Ing like to use them as guards. The Ing will protect their home with great ferocity. In all of our battles, the Hive has never fallen." —O-Lir (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "I have updated your Translator Module. You can access devices and doors coded with Cobalt holograms. Search the areas now open to you. If only I could join you...redeem my fallen honor in battle. But, my time has passed. Good luck. Let the Light of Aether show you the way!" —O-Lir (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "The machines travel on a network of magnetic rails. They go to places you cannot reach. It’s a pity I didn’t have the time to craft a way for people to use these rails as the machines do." —O-Lir (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "The machines have fashioned a new alloy of considerable strength. They use this metal to block access to key areas. Destroy it if you can!" —O-Lir (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "The last of our champion’s visors used sound to target the unseen. Recover it from its place of honor and use it wisely!" —O-Lir (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "The strongest weapon of our champion is in the hands of the enemy. It fires a blast of light and dark energy, and has no equal. Find it soon!" —O-Lir (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)