Central Mining Station
The room consists of a central area with two opposite ledges. The lower area has little of interest, except for the doors to the connecting rooms. The ledge near the Command Center Access has a White Hatch to the Command Center Access. The ledge can be accessed by nearby Spider Ball Track, or by entering from the door. It also has two "Vigilance" Class Turrets on the ledge. These turrets can be used to destroy a number of objects to create a path to the other ledge.
The other ledge has a large force field blocking an alcove. The shield is impenetrable, but there is a small Morph Ball tunnel to the side leading in that is blocked by a large generator. This generator can be destroyed with the Turrets. The interior alcove contains a Beam Ammo Expansion and the body of a Luminoth Key Bearer named J-Stl. When Samus first enters the room, a cut scene will show a number of Pirate Troopers noticing Samus, after which a Shrike-Class Assault Skiff will descend and drop off two more Troopers. There will be lasers blocking the doors out. Once the five Troopers have been defeated, two more will appear on the high ledge and will enter the "Vigilance" Class Turrets. Once these turrets have been destroyed, the lasers will be deactivated.
- After reaching the eastern ledge via either the White Hatch from the Command Center Access or a Spider Ball track, Samus can use the "Vigilance" Class Turrets to destroy the various structure in the room. Once the obstacles are all out of the way, Samus can jump across the platforms to reach another ledge on the other side. The expansion is in a shielded cove that can be entered through a Morph Ball tunnel just to the side of the shield.
Available Logbook Entries
The body of J-Stl
- "Structural analysis complete. Crude but efficient advice designed to harness wind power. Components are of Space Pirate design." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Structural analysis complete. Wall fashioned from wreckage of the Space Pirate vessel shut down by the G.F.S. Tyr." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "This is a powered door system. Low-level energy shield on door to prevent activation by local creatures. Weapon fire of any type will disrupt the shield and open the door." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Object scan complete.
This is a Space Pirate Crate.
Space pirates, strangely, dislike theft. The only way into their crates is through the use of force." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Magnetic rail system track detected. Real system powered and active. Spider Ball technology required to access track." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Analysis complete. Space Pirate defense Shield is active. Shield was taken from the wreckage of a Space Pirate starship. It is impervious to your weaponry." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Technician Report, 07.201.01 The wind energy systems are online. I've managed to build a modest supply of reserved power, but I doubt it will last. All of these trips to the sark world are taking a huge toll on the energy supply. We'll see how they feel about these stupid expeditions when the cooling system shuts off in the power latrines go offline." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
- "Beam Ammo Expansion
Increases the amount of Light and Dark ammo you can carry." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)