The Ruined Fountain is a large room in the Chozo Ruins. It is accessed from the Ruined Fountain Access and leads to the Meditation Fountain and the Arboretum Access. The floor of the room is covered in poisonous water until Flaahgra is defeated, so platforms must be used to navigate the area. The room is relatively dark, so the light the Plazmites in the room give off it useful for navigation. The far end of the room has a large platform with a fountain in it. When the water is poisoned, this fountain does nothing, but when the water is cleansed, the fountain will propel Samus up to a Spider Ball Track when she is in the Morph Ball. Those tracks lead to a small side room with a Missile Expansion.
Available Logbook Entries
- "Fountain choked by overgrowth. Toxin levels are high." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime)
- "Fountain cleared of overgrowth. Water free of toxins." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime)
- "Toxicity levels within safety tolerances." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime)
- "No structural weaknesses detected in metalwork." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime)
- "Missile Expansion. Increases the number of Missiles you can carry by 5." —Scan Data (Metroid Prime)